jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Turner" <Alex.Tur...@Project-Network.com>
Subject RE: TPN POSSIBLE SPAM:RE: TPN POSSIBLE SPAM:Jmeter proxy recording cookies
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:02:42 GMT
Sen,

The cookie would be coming from the server to start with.  You will only see it in the request
in a later request.  You should look in the response or in the next request to the same domain.

Cheers

AJ

Alexander J Turner Ph.D.
www.deployview.com
www.nerds-central.blogspot.com
www.project-network.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Sen, Kakoli [mailto:Kakoli.Sen@ps.net]
Sent: 29 August 2006 07:44
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: TPN POSSIBLE SPAM:RE: TPN POSSIBLE SPAM:Jmeter proxy recording cookies

Hi,
  This is what I did : Added View tree to the proxy server. Then the site with the cookie
produces the fol. in 'Request' tab of view tree :

GET  <http://www.codehouse.com/javascript/scripts/cjl/cookie/cookie_demo.htm> http://www.codehouse.com/javascript/scripts/cjl/cookie/cookie_demo.htm

[no cookies]

Request Headers:
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Host: www.codehouse.com
CLR 2.0.50727)
Cookie: cookie_demo=@id_first_nameKakoli@id_last_nameSen@id_age33
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint,
application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, application/x-shockwave-flash, */*

And the 'Response data' in HTML does not reflect the data stored in the cookies.

But the page in IE reflects the data store in the cookies.

Now, where is the problem?

Also, how do I map the cookie data as it appears in the 'Request' of view tree to HTTP cookie
manager?

If the proxy could record the cookie directly onto a cookie manager like it does for header
in Http header manager, then all this confusion could have been avoided.

Regards,

Kakoli