jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can Jmeter invoke a shell script?
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:15:46 GMT
On 14/08/06, Jaw Dat <idarataljawda@gmail.com> wrote:
> Following your advice, please advise: How about I use some BeanShell
> code that runs some external script as follows:
> ThreadGruppe
> |-- HTTP Request
> |   |- Save Responses to a file  (the prefix is "InvoiceResponse")
> |   |- BeanShell PostProcessor
> |
> |   ... ...
> |---- (Shall I put  Beanshell Assertion here instead? I have one
> here - but what shall I put in it?)

Any assertion needs to be placed so that its scope includes all the
requests that need to be checked. If you want to check a single
sample, add it as a child.

I think Assertions run before Post-Processors.

> where,
> the BeanShell PostProcessor is as follows:
> exec("./Assert35Rows");
>
> where,
> the Assert35Rows is a bash script that goes like this:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> grep 'ListInvoiceItems.jsp?code=' InvoiceResponse1 | wc -l

This could surely be done as a Regex PostProcessor with MatchNo < 0
This will set the refName_matchNr variable to the number of matches.

> So to recap:
> I save the Response Data to a file with prefix "InvoiceResponse";
> I use the BeanShell PostProcessor to run
> a bash script that processes that ResponseData file;
> I get no output

where are you looking for the output?

> Now although the BeanShell command works well from the
> bsh.Interpreter (on the command line),
> I'm almost certain I'm placing the PostProcessor in the wrong
> place or I'm missing something.

Try adding something to the shell script to check if it really is
being called, e.g. touch filename.

But it would be a lot better to code the check in Java using a
BeanShell assertion.
This will be a lot more versatile, and more scalable.