jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jaw Dat <idaratalja...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Can Jmeter invoke a shell script?
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:44:37 GMT
Mikko,

Thank you for your reply. Quite right, I can't afford the time to
learn how to and then implement a Perl plugin for Jmeter.
Thanks to Sebb's advice, however, I discovered that there may be
an intermediary alternative: BeanShell scripting -
that's assuming the BeanShell scripts defined Inside Jmeter
can still invoke external programs (eg, bash or perl scripts)
using the exec() function call. I test my BeanShell scripts
outside Jmeter , on the command line , and they work,
but I can't configure the BeanShell PostProcessor to get the same
output in Jmeter - i can't see any output or even know where to find it.
Also i'm not sure whether I should use a BeanShell PostProcessor
or BeanShell Assertion , or RegEx PostProcessor or RegEx Assertion.