jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject Unable to get out through authenticated proxy
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:28:55 GMT
I've been making progress on testing the service that runs on my
localhost, but I'm also trying to test an external service, through our
authenticated proxy.

I found that the request wasn't going anywhere.  I monitored it with
etheral, and it never tried to hit the proxy or the downstream host.  I
turned on all the debug levels, but the log file didn't show me anything
meaningful.

I finally thought to add a "Save results to file" postprocessor.  When I
inspected the file, I found this:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Host may not be null
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.NTCredentials.<init>(NTCredentials.java:83
)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler2.setupConnection(HTT
PSampler2.java:274)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler2.sample(HTTPSampler2
.java:518)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSampl
erBase.java:658)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSampl
erBase.java:647)
	at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

I looked at the code for HTTPSampler2, and it has this code:

------------
            if (PROXY_USER.length() > 0){
                httpClient.getState().setProxyCredentials(
                    new
AuthScope(PROXY_HOST,PROXY_PORT,null,AuthScope.ANY_SCHEME),
                    // NT Includes other types of Credentials
                    new NTCredentials(
                            PROXY_USER,
                            PROXY_PASS,
                            null, // "thishost",