jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Arulazi Dhesiaseelan" <adhesiasee...@spikesource.com>
Subject problem with XML-RPC request using JMeter
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:07:54 GMT
Hello everybody,

I am trying to load test a XML-RPC service using JMeter. I used the
SOAP/XML-RPC Request sampler for sending the RPC requests. The sample
request is shown below.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<methodCall>

<methodName>myMethod</methodName>

<params>

<param>

<value>12</value>

</param>

<param>

<value>sdfd</value>

</param>

<param>

<value>213213</value>

</param>

<param>

<value>91</value>

</param>

<param>

<value>df</value>

</param>

<param>

<value>0</value>

</param>

<param>

</params>

</methodCall>

I get the following error in the server side: Fatal error parsing XML:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: expected Element

org.apache.xmlrpc.ParseFailed: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: expected
Element

When I tried intercepting JMeter requests to my server using tcpmon, I see
the following RPC request.

---

POST / HTTP/1.1

Connection: close

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Host: 127.0.0.1:9999

16f

[...]

0

---

I could see some garbage (highlighted) before and after the request. If I
remove this garbage in tcpmon and resend, the RPC call works fine.

Why is this behavior? Am I missing something? Or JMeter is sending wrong
requests. Please clarify.

Thanks,

Arul