jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Carl Nygaard" <cnyga...@hmc.edu>
Subject Re: JMeter __regexFunction
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 17:39:14 GMT
Geoff,

I've tried the post processor that you have made.  It is very useful -
worked for me the first time i tried it.

Since no one else seems to be able to think of a way to join together
the variables made by the normal regular expression extractor, I
highly recommend that you submit it for inclusion in JMeter.  At the
very least you should consider attaching the jar that you made to the
list so that others can use it.

Thanks,
Carl

On 7/7/06, Willingham Geoff <Geoff.Willingham@cfh.nhs.uk> wrote:
> I had the same problem - I ended up writing a new RegEx post processor to solve the problem.
>
> Will try to package up and email to you later
>
> Geoff

number of parameters.  These parameters are caused by html like this:

> <select name="p" multiple id="p">  <option value="a"
>
> Note that everything is on one line.  I would like to match every one of the possible
values in the form and submit them as selected.

> I hunted through the mailing list archives and found that the __regexFunction is a handy
way to get around the problem of not having a variable number of parameters.  So I made this
up:

> ${__regexFunction(<option value="([^"]*)" selected>,p=$1$,ALL,&,,variableName)}
>
> My hope was that this would result in the expression:
>
> p=a&p=b
>
> which could be added (with some trickery) to the parameter list of the request.  What
i get is this:

> p=a
>
> It only matches ONE of the expressions, not all of them.  I assume it is because they
are all on the same line, but despite my attempts to use fancier regular expressions, I simply
can't get it to match all of them.  Does anyone have any ideas how to do this?

> Thanks,
> Carl

> This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please
accept our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail
or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you
for your co-operation.