jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Graham_Lit...@scee.net
Subject Re: pre-processor
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:50:58 GMT
I have got all the libraries listed in the eclipse.classpath file.

I have had a look at the wiki pages, but they don't seem to explain in
simple steps how to build jmeter from the downloaded source.

I am particularly confused about errors regarding

org.apache.jmeter.config.AbstractConfigElement;

This class odes not exist in the downloaded source yet appears to be
implemented in several places throughout the source (hence errors).

Graham Little
Network Gaming Group
0207 859 0495
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
http://www.scee.com

sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
31/07/2006 14:21

Please respond to
"JMeter Users List" <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>

"JMeter Users List" <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: pre-processor

Have a look at the file eclipse.classpath - that will show you what
libraries are needed for a build.

There's also some developer/build information on the JMeter Wiki -
mostly rather out of date, feel free to make corrections...

S.
On 31/07/06, Graham_Little@scee.net <Graham_Little@scee.net> wrote:
> Ok I have added all the libraries from the lib directory in the binary
> the classpath, which has cleared up some of the errors, but I am still
> getting a whole host of errors with unresolved symbols:
>
> eg.
> org.htmlparser.Tag;
> org.apache.jmeter.config.AbstractConfigElement;
> org.apache.log4j.Category;
>
> any ideas?
>
> Graham Little
> Network Gaming Group
> 0207 859 0495
> Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
> http://www.scee.com
>

> sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
> 31/07/2006 12:19
>
> Please respond to
> "JMeter Users List" <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>

> "JMeter Users List" <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: pre-processor
>

> You need both source and binary archives to build JMeter.
>
> S.
> On 31/07/06, Graham_Little@scee.net <Graham_Little@scee.net> wrote:
> > I am trying to write a pre-processor to dynamically modify the Header
> > manager in Jmeter - I have downloaded the source and have attempted to
> > build Jmeter (in Netbeans) but the build fails with a whole raft of
> > missing libraries ie references to things like org.apache.log.Logger.
> > started downloading and adding these in to the classpath, but there
seem
> > to be loads of them to add, so I am not convinced I am doing the right
> > thing. Does anyone have any experience of building Jmeter locally?
What