jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Willingham Geoff" <Geoff.Willing...@cfh.nhs.uk>
Subject RE: Record Think Time
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:59:20 GMT
If you're recording a script using the Jmeter Proxy, then yes, you can record the delay.

Before starting the proxy, right-click on it, and add a timer (personally, I use a gaussian
random timer) and set the devalues as appriopriate (I don't have the manual in front of me,
so cant remember what they are).  Note: one value is the constant delay, and the other is
the 'random' seed that will be added to the constant.  The constant delay is the bit that
will get updated, iirc.

Now, start the Jmeter proxy, and start recording.  You should find that you get a new gaussian
random timer attached to each sampler the proxy creates.

Hth

Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Dawson [mailto:andy@iti.upv.es]
Sent: 17 July 2006 14:43
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Record Think Time

Hi,

Is it possible to record the delay between page requests (Think time) when recording a script?

According to one of the few references I found for jmeter and think time (http://mywelt.net/?q=comment/reply/2093),
"JMeter can create timers of your choice, where delay time is set according to the actual
delay during the recording period." - However, this doesn´t seem to be the case.

Any comments/help?

Regards,

Andy Dawson

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept
our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take
any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your
co-operation.