jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Willingham Geoff" <Geoff.Willing...@cfh.nhs.uk>
Subject RE: OutOfMemoryError in JMeter 2.1.1
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:01:18 GMT
Hmm - first thoughts:

Are you using multiple Listeners ?  Each listener holds it own unique
copy of the data - one the longer running tests, this can really chew up
the memory (speaking from personal experience)

Also, if your using the Sun JVM, the jmeter batch file has a number of
memory related switched - I personally found that I had to bump all the
memory limits, not just the max heap size.

Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: Ashok Chava [mailto:ashok.chava@oracle.com]
Sent: 13 July 2006 13:15
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: OutOfMemoryError in JMeter 2.1.1

Hi Gurus,

I am facing OutOfMemoryError when running JMeter load test on my web
application. I have even tried with single thread but it is throwing
OutOfMemoryError after few hours. The total number of request are not
exceeding 16000 in most of the cases. I tried by increasing max heap
size but of not use. I used JConsole to monitor JVM performance what I
observed is "Tenured generation" part of JVM is full before JMeter
throwing OutOfMemoryError Please suggest me a solution for this
solution.

Regards,
Ashok Chava.

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept
our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take
any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your
co-operation.