jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Willingham Geoff" <Geoff.Willing...@cfh.nhs.uk>
Subject RE: JMeter __regexFunction
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 07:44:28 GMT
I had the same problem - I ended up writing a new RegEx post processor to solve the problem.

Will try to package up and email to you later

Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Nygaard (カール) [mailto:carlpny@gmail.com]
Sent: 07 July 2006 02:28
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: JMeter __regexFunction

I have faith in JMeter; I just know there is some way to do this.

I'm trying to do an http post request.  The post is based on a form that can have a variable
number of parameters.  These parameters are caused by html like this:

<select name="p" multiple id="p">  <option value="a"

Note that everything is on one line.  I would like to match every one of the possible values
in the form and submit them as selected.

I hunted through the mailing list archives and found that the __regexFunction is a handy way
to get around the problem of not having a variable number of parameters.  So I made this up:

${__regexFunction(<option value="([^"]*)" selected>,p=$1$,ALL,&,,variableName)}

My hope was that this would result in the expression:

p=a&p=b

which could be added (with some trickery) to the parameter list of the request.  What i get
is this:

p=a

It only matches ONE of the expressions, not all of them.  I assume it is because they are
all on the same line, but despite my attempts to use fancier regular expressions, I simply
can't get it to match all of them.  Does anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Thanks,
Carl

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept
our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take
any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your
co-operation.