jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Willingham Geoff" <Geoff.Willing...@cfh.nhs.uk>
Subject RE: How to build web test plan with user login
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 10:55:42 GMT
Im sorry - without knowing the plan, and your site, I cant really say

I presume you have read the User Manual (and the section relating to the
assertion components).

As a guess, im thinking that your probably either:
1) submitting the login request to the wrong URL,
2) Have the assertion attached to the wrong element, or
3) the assertion is checking for the wrong value

As a way to check your script is OK, I would also suggest looking at the
HTTPProxy element, and using it to generate a second script.  This
second script can then be compared to your current script, to try and
spot errors.

Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: Javanesevn [mailto:thanhle@sangtao.net]
Sent: 06 July 2006 10:37
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: How to build web test plan with user login

Dear Willingham,

 From your guide I did with an assertion element but I can not match
with success page.
This is error message: Test failed, URL expected to contain
/module=Default&action=Login_Do

What is wrong in my test plan?
Thanks.

Javanesevn

Willingham Geoff wrote:

>Im not quite sure what your trying to get at, but it sounds like you
>want to validate that your login has taken you to the correct page.
>
>Try adding an assertion element, that checks for a specific page or
>success value ?
>
>Hth
>
>Geoff

recipient please accept our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on
its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it.
Thank you for your co-operation.