jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Willingham Geoff" <Geoff.Willing...@cfh.nhs.uk>
Subject How to create a script with multiple Sequential thread groups ?
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 08:31:12 GMT
Greetings

Im trying to develop a test script to perform a number of steps in
sequence.  The tricky bit involves the number of simulated users
required at each stage.

The high-level outline of the test is:

1) prepare the data
2) process the data
3) produce a report

The way the system has been developed, points 1 + 3 can only be
performed by one user.  In order to fully test the processing
functionality, a minimum of 20 users is required.

The problem I am having related to organising the script, and working
out which components to use to achieve the changes in the number of
users.

Currently, I use three thread groups - one for each step.  However,
sometimes it appears as though the second / third thread groups start
before the previous group has finished processing.

Can anyone think of anything I could do to the script to reduce this
issue ?

Cheers

Geoff

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept
our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take
any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your
co-operation.