jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Andy Dawson <a...@iti.upv.es>
Subject Monitor Results - Best practice
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:53:28 GMT
Hi All,

I have a test plan containing 2 thread groups
    One for the test (Thread count >1)
    One for monitoring the results (Thread count ==1)

The test plan is for a fixed duration with a permanent thread loop.

For the proof of concept type testing I am doing at the moment this is
fine - the load on the machine running Jmeter is very low, and the
resultant graph gives a good summary of the server state during the
test. For a coming project it will be necessary to use distributed
testing - At the moment I have defined the results monitor to save the
results and a simple data writer to save the raw data(Save as XML, Save
ResponseData, Save TimeStamp,Save ActiveThreadCount) should any further
analysis be required.

I would like to start as I mean to go on: what is the best way to make
use of a monitor? Is it considered bad practice to use the same machine
to load the server and monitor it´s response?

Thanks & Regards,

Andy