jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Andy Dawson <a...@iti.upv.es>
Subject Re: Monitor Results - Thread Count
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 06:41:50 GMT
Peter Lin escribió:
> make sure you setup an account to view the tomcat's status servlet and
> add
> an Auth manager to the test plan. You can see if the request is
> successful
> by adding a View Result Tree
>
> peter
>
> On 7/4/06, Andy Dawson <andy@iti.upv.es> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I´m experimenting with JMeter 2.2, Java 1.5, running on Windows XP
>> testing against a Tomcat server running NT.
>>
>> I´ve set up a results monitor, but irrespective of the actual number of
>> threads used, the thread % reports 0 (memory and load show variation,
>> health is always 100% right up until I crash the sever and it stops
>> responding..). Browsing "/manager/status?XML=true" manually I can see
>> that the active thread count is not 0 and varies. I´ve done a quick
>> search but can´t find a reason for this - anybody got any tips?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Andy Dawson
>> PS. Does anybody use the irc channel..?

Hi Peter,

Many  thanks for the reply.

The auth manager is present and the results monitor is able to access
the manager url. A graphic is generated showing a none-dead server
status with memory and load fluctuations in line with what I would
expect - the only query is regarding the tread count which always
indicates 0.

Perhaps the threads for one of the other open ports is being captured
(guess). How is the thread count used in the results monitor determined?

Cheers,

Andy Dawson