jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Swackhamer" <brian.swackha...@benefitfocus.com>
Subject RE: SSL certificate
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:40:49 GMT
Mili,

Is your keystore password changeit?  If not, you will have to change
that line to match your keystore password.

Here is my properties file setup for SSL:
ssl.provider=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
ssl.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol

#The location of the truststore (trusted certificates) and keystore ( if
other than the default.
#you can uncomment this and change the path to the correct location.
#javax.net.ssl.trustStore=/path/to/cacerts
javax.net.ssl.keyStore=c:\jakarta-jmeter-2.2\lib\jssecacerts\jssecacerts

#The password to your keystore
javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=password

~Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Mili Miranda [mailto:milimiranda@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 3:53 PM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: SSL certificate

Hi all,
        Once again I'm trying to get a solution for my problem regarding
the
SSL certificate. I saw that lot of people faced a similar situation and
so I
tried the solutions put forth by them. I have tried everything possible,
but
it seems strange that the same solution seems to work for them , but not
for
me.
Let me state the exact steps that I have used in my latest attempt:
1) create brand new keystore
keytool -genkey -keystore <keystore name> -storepass <password> -keypass

password

2) delete entry so keystore is empty
keytool -delete -keystore <keystore name> -alias mykey -storepass
<password>

3) import your CA's root certificate (root alias can be whatever)
keytool -import -keystore <keystore name> -alias <root alias> -file
<rootcert> -storepass <password> -trustcacerts

4) And then put it in jre/lib/security folder.

5) I then changed the jmeter.properties file accordingly
Uncomment these
ssl.provider=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
ssl.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol

javax.net.ssl.trustStore=C:/jdk1.5.0_07/jre/lib/security/(cert name)
javax.net.ssl.keyStore=C:/jdk1.5.0_07/jre/lib/security/(cert name)

javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=changeit

I'm using jdk1.5.0_07 and it is installed in C:/jdk1.5.0_07

I keep getting the error "ERROR - jmeter.util.SSLManager: Couldn't load
keystore java.lang.Exception: No key found "

Is there something I'm missing out? Please help. It's very important to
get
this resolved for our load testing.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

BENEFITFOCUS.COM CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message is intended only for the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential
and protected by law. Unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or dissemination of this communication
or its contents in any way is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended
recipient or a person responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please
notify the original sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, return the original message
to the original sender or to bfpostmaster@benefitfocus.com, and destroy all copies or derivations
of the original message. Thank you.  (BFeComNote Rev. 08/01/2005)