jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Lin" <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Need some assistance in creating an IBM-DB2 test
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:00:32 GMT
the IBM JVM is quite different.  There are some byte code incompatabilities
between IBM jvm and Sun jvm. Also, some supporting libraries in IBM JVM are
different. In theory JMeter does not use Sun specific classes and to the
best of my knowledge, it does not.

if the IBM drivers have IBM jdk dependencies, the only option you have is to
test DB2 using some other drivers like DataDirect.  There are numerous
differences between IBM and SUN jvm, but that's the ones which may be
causing the error you see.

hope that helps

peter