jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to create a script with multiple Sequential thread groups ?
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 23:31:52 GMT
On the test plan, set the checkbox "Run each Thread Group separately".

On 04/07/06, Willingham Geoff <Geoff.Willingham@cfh.nhs.uk> wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Im trying to develop a test script to perform a number of steps in
> sequence.  The tricky bit involves the number of simulated users
> required at each stage.
>
> The high-level outline of the test is:
>
> 1) prepare the data
> 2) process the data
> 3) produce a report
>
> The way the system has been developed, points 1 + 3 can only be
> performed by one user.  In order to fully test the processing
> functionality, a minimum of 20 users is required.
>
> The problem I am having related to organising the script, and working
> out which components to use to achieve the changes in the number of
> users.
>
> Currently, I use three thread groups - one for each step.  However,
> sometimes it appears as though the second / third thread groups start
> before the previous group has finished processing.
>
> Can anyone think of anything I could do to the script to reduce this
> issue ?
>
> Cheers
>
> Geoff
>
> This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please
accept our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail
or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you
for your co-operation.