jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Aycock, Glenn W. \(JSC-IS\)[TES]" <glenn.w.ayc...@nasa.gov>
Subject RE: Help with configuration of Jmeter to login to a secure page ?
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 20:14:52 GMT
If it's supposed to be secure (https), your requests are going to port 80 (http). Maybe that
is the problem? Try changing the protocol to https.

Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: news on behalf of Serena
Sent: Wed 7/26/2006 3:02 PM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject:  Help with configuration of Jmeter to login to a secure page ?

I just started using Jmeter this week as I am working with a small company with
very little budget for software. I need to be able to login to a website with
Jmeter and then perform other tests while logged in.

This is how I have my thread group setup:

Http Request
Servername or IP : asr.stage.mycompany.info
port 80
Protocol http
method POST
/path viewASRs.php

Send Parameters With the Request:

form action="/viewASRs.php" method="POST"
input type="text" name="rampart[username]" class="input"
input type="password" name="rampart[password]" class="input"
Submit input class="button" type="submit" name="" value="login"

-----------
Login Config Element
Username (my test username)
Password(my test password)
Http Cookie Manager: Information from a stored cookie
Response assertion: (some text from the login page)
Uniform Random Timer: Random Delay 1000 milliseconds, Constant Delay Offset 2000
milliseconds

Second Http Request
Server Name or IP: asr.stage.mycompany.info
Port : 80
Protocol : POST

input type="text" name="rampart[username]" class="input"
input type="password" name="rampart[password]" class="input"

Everything else is the same, aside from adding some text to the response
assertion that would show on the page if I were logged in.

I also tried replacing username with my actual username and password with my
actual password.

What I get when I look at the Results tree is a redirect to the webpage
requesting a login.

Does anyone have any idea how I should set this up so that it actually logs in
to the application rather than just hitting the login page?