jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Aycock, Glenn W. \(JSC-IS\)[TES]" <glenn.w.ayc...@nasa.gov>
Subject RE: Different IP addresses for requests
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 20:41:24 GMT
You may be able to spoof the IP address, but you will not get any
meaningful results because the server will attempt to reply to the fake
IP. The host having the IP you spoofed (if it exists) will likely deny
the connection if it even gets that far. Therefore, you will be unable
to test using this method with any reliable results.

You could setup a distributed test with several machines or VMs using
Vmware or something.

-----Original Message-----
From: Yanroy [mailto:rmeador@wpi.edu]
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 3:36 PM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Different IP addresses for requests

I have an idea, but I've never personally tried it.  I'm sure I'll be
corrected if I'm wrong.  If you're running a distributed test, each
machine's connections will come from the IP address of that machine.
There most likely isn't a way to do it from within a single computer
running jmeter unless your computer can get multiple IP addresses (I'm
not familiar with anything that does this, but I seem to recall reading
that it's possible to spoof or clone multiple IPs from a single network
interface).
I'm sure others on this list will have more to say...