jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Aycock, Glenn W. \(JSC-IS\)[TES]" <glenn.w.ayc...@nasa.gov>
Subject Dynamic Variable Names and Regex
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 19:41:54 GMT
There's something that's been bugging me about Jmeter that I haven't
figured out yet:

1) How does one evaluate a dynamic variable name like
${varname_${counter}_g1}? Jmeter doesn't evaluate that expression
correctly?

2) I created a regex extractor to get multiple groups from ALL the
matches in a response (a URL with CGI parameters). I'm trying to
parameterize the values [to pass to another unit test called by a Module
controller] because the URL varies. I've figured out how to use the
ForEach controller to extract matches for single groups, but how does
one access the individual groups in each match (using a ForEach
controller)? I wrote a BeanShell postprocessor to display the results of
the match, so I know the variables exist. I just can't figure out how to
loop through them with the standard components.

Thanks,
Glenn