jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Gaël LHEZ <gl...@glowria.fr>
Subject RE: Having 1000 threads (also fails with 500 and 200) for the test, and only ~600 in logs
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 08:12:35 GMT
Well :)

If you can explain, why when I do 200 threads, with enough iteration, I can
go up to 190 users? :)

However I understand the limits here, but I can't add machine as I'm
comparing to a production server.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Peter Lin [mailto:woolfel@gmail.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 7 juillet 2006 20:19
À : JMeter Users List
Objet : Re: Having 1000 threads (also fails with 500 and 200) for the test,
and only ~600 in logs

getting 1000 concurrent users is actually very hard to do on a single
server. Unless the server is a SMP machine with a gigabit ethernet on a
gigabit router, it's probably going to be a pain. To simulate 1000
concurrent requests on the client side, it's going to require atleast 2
powerful systems, possibly 3. Hope that helps

peter