jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Milan Zimmermann <milan.zimmerm...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: Large number of concurrent User Logins - how to test?
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 20:33:27 GMT
Mingyu,

Thanks for your suggestion. I do not know what CSV Data Set Config Module is,
will have to look it up, I assume that is something that allows JMeter to
read one line per login, take it and create a new thread with HTTP request.

What I am doing, is generating my script  (JMeter JMX file) using awk,
creating one

"User1 Thread Group"

for each login (stored in a CSV file), so I think I am achieving an
equivalent.

Your suggestion sounds like the right thing to do, do you think generating it
would also work?

I am unsure whether such generated parallel (on the same level) ThreadGroups
actually start "at the same time" without waiting for the previous
ThreadGroup to finish....

Thanks Milan