jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Milan Zimmermann <milan.zimmerm...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Large number of concurrent User Logins - how to test?
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 18:01:57 GMT
Hi,

I need to test large number of *different users* loging in roughly at the same
time. I think I know how to do it, but would like to confirm:

First, if I create scripts which contains:

	- One Thread Group
		- HTTP request Defaults
		- Login User1 HTTP Request
		- Login User2 HTTP Request
		- Login UserN HTTP Request

	Such Script will not test concurrent logins, because the HTTP Requests are
processed sequentially, is that correct so far?

Second, Is the Script below going to test concurrent logins?

	- User1 Thread Group
		- HTTP request Defaults
		- Login User1 HTTP Request
	- User2 Thread Group
		- HTTP request Defaults
		- Login User2 HTTP Request
	- UserN Thread Group
		- HTTP request Defaults
		- Login UserN HTTP Request

In other words,

	- Do Thread Groups on the same level start concurrently?
	- Can I have, for example, 500 such Thread Groups?

Thanks for any comments.

I did some Googling and this site
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-jmeter/ appears to suggest
this approach should work, but I'd like to confirm as it's not completely
clear.

Thanks Milan