jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jaw Dat <idaratalja...@gmail.com>
Subject Does jMeter record popup jsf pages?
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2006 14:07:10 GMT
hello,

I'm using jMeter as follows to record parameters to different forms in a
jsf application.

Platform profile: SuSE;jMeter2.2;Sun JDK 1.5;Jakarta-Tomcat 5.5.12;
Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.4.

Methodology: Using the jMeter GUI, I define a jMeter proxy server and
start it,
then visit the application and navigate its pages using
Firefox.

Test Plan outline (i hope the indentation remains intact):
|- Thread Gruppe
|   |- HTTP Request Defaults
|   |- HTTP Auth Manager
|   |- jsf page 1 ...
|   |- View Results Tree
|- WorkBench
    |- HTTP Proxy Server

The problem:

Some of the forms (all jsf pages) are invoked by clicking on
links on a given page, eg, by pressing a row's data item,
a popup opens to edit that row's record.
The problem is that those popups do not get recorded in the
test plan, and of course neither do their parameters.

Why is this the case, and is what i'm trying to do possible
in jMeter ? (ie, record all the pages i visit and capture the
parameters sent to those pages?) Because this would save me
having to collect form inputs by parsing the HTML source of those
pages. I hope i'm phrasing my question clearly.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Dat.

PS. How come I don't see my own emails to the list? is that indicative
of a problem with my subscription?