jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jaw Dat <idaratalja...@gmail.com>
Subject Jakarta-JMeter 2.2 not responsive
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:47:07 GMT
Hello, jm newbie here.

I recently installed JMeter 2.2, by following the steps in Getting
started in the online manual. Machine is a recent release of SuSe.
in case My java env could be the problem, here is my java info:

phosporus:~ # rpm -qa| grep java
java-1_4_2-gcj-compat-1.4.2.0-33

prompto:~ # java -version
java version "1.4.2"
gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.0 (SUSE Linux)
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
PURPOSE.
prompto:~ # env | grep JAVA
JAVA_BINDIR=/usr/lib/jvm/jre/bin
JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jre
JAVA_ROOT=/usr/lib/jvm/jre

The problem is this:
The GUI loads up , using "[jmeter install dir]$>bin/jmeter localhost .

but when I highlight "Test Plan" in the left-side tree pane and select
menu items such as "Edit > Add > Thread Group" or "Add > listener"

nothing happens. Pressing any menu items including, save, save as , etc
does or seems to do absolutely nothing , having no effect.

Is my java env not good enough?

I was hoping to get up and running on scripting tests on JMeter quickly
so I don't get fired which would cause me to revert to downloading music
instead of buying it. Please, for the sake of the RIAA's bread and
butter, help me out here, getting started on getting this JMeter install
to work .