jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "kamlesh sharma" <kamleshsharma...@gmail.com>
Subject Testing J2EE application for 1000 threads(users)
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 06:48:47 GMT
Hi,
  I am using jmeter version 2.1.1 to test my J2ee (jdk 1.5.02) application.
I want to know that does Jmeter support testing for 1000 Threads (Users)?

In my J2EE application there are five screens. In first screen I am setting
some values in session variable and these values retrieving on 3rd, 4'Th and
5'Th screen.
When I test my application for up to 10 Threads (users) it's working fine,
but as i try to test it for more than 10 users my application shows null
pointer exception (In jmeter.log it shows IOException). I checked my
application log and found that exception is throwing due to session values.
Actually it is unable to maintain the session values for more users (for
session values in jmeter I am using HTTP Cookies Manager).

But as i increase the ramp-up time from 0 to 5,10,15,20. My application does
not show any error for up to 70 Threads (users) but does not work more than
70 users.

So I Want to know that does number of users depend on Ramp-up time or is
there any other problem?

If any one know solution for this problem or faced same problem plz provide
me solution ragarding it.

(Kamlesh Sharma)