jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Jacques Desmazieres" <jacques.desmazie...@is2france.com>
Subject HTTP Proxy - encoding problem
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:02:14 GMT
I know this problem has already been raised, but I did not find any working
solution.

I am currently trying to record a script using the HTTP Proxy, for a french
application. Of course lots of specials characters are sent or received
within the HTTP streams. My problem is that the application crashes because
those special charaters are not treated properly.

The specials charaters comes from the french character set, and are included
within the ISO-8859-1 character set (I am not yet using the euro character).

The problem is that during recordint those specials characters are replaced
with "?" character (and sometimes others).

jmeter.properties specifies a sampleresult.default.encoding=iso-8859-1, the
system character set is a ISO-8859-1 compatible character set (frenc windows
character set). The header of http pages specifies a ISO-8859-1 encoding.

This problem is visible within the script but also within the application
while recording (message within popups are displayed incorrectly, as the
message is passed as a popup's parameter).

Is there a way to handle this properly by configuration ? Or what am I doing
wrong ?

Thanks for help

Jacques Desmazieres