jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Josh Drummond <jdrum...@uci.edu>
Subject Re: Calling Java Classes From JMeter
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 22:41:12 GMT

I'm also having a problem with this.  I successfully created a custom java
request class, compiled/jarred and it shows up in the JMeter GUI dropdown.
I added this Java Request to my JMeter test and the class is getting called
correctly.  However I want to return data from the Java Request back to my
JMeter script for use later in the script.  To do this I call
"results.setResponseMessage()" inside the runTest() method and return that
results object.  I know it is returning this correctly because I have a View
Results Tree control and for each Java Request the Sampler Result has my
string as the HTTP response message.  Next step I want to extract that value
using the Regular Expression Extractor (I've done this before extracting
results from normal http requests without any problem), however when I do it
for a Java Request (the same data pattern and regex) it does not find a
match.  I'm fairly certain there isn't a problem in the data or regex, so my
question is can I even use a Regular Expression Extractor as a child Post
Processor to a Java Request and successfully extract data from the HTTP
response message of the Sampler result?