jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Swackhamer" <brian.swackha...@benefitfocus.com>
Subject RE: HTTPS request to a sites login page produces JAVA error when I run it through JMeter
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:14:22 GMT
I have taken a look at the source code from my website and found that
when I submit the form it is setting some cookies?  First off, how do I
set cookies using JMeter (this is setting a document cookie and 2 domain
cookies)?  My second question is how do I set a document action in
JMeter?

I really do not know anything about JAVA or Jscript so please make your
the right direction I may be able to google my way to a good solution.

Thanks,
Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel L. Gregoire [mailto:dlg.toastman@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 6:14 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: HTTPS request to a sites login page produces JAVA error
when I run it through JMeter

This was my fix to a similar problem.

As long as you are posting all of the necessary fields of the web page's
form to the correct URL, you should still be able to successfully log
in.  Look at the JavaScript source to make sure none of the values are
being encoded (e.g. the password), and if they are, imitate the
Javascript behavior and post the final results.

Try looking to see if there is a redirecting link on the "You're
Javascript is not enabled" page.

For my own test, I post both to the URL of such a redirecting link, and
to the normal login URL of my website to login, and it works.

Daniel L. Gregoire

BENEFITFOCUS.COM CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message is intended only for the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential
and protected by law. Unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or dissemination of this communication
or its contents in any way is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended
recipient or a person responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please
notify the original sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, return the original message
to the original sender or to bfpostmaster@benefitfocus.com, and destroy all copies or derivations
of the original message. Thank you.  (BFeComNote Rev. 08/01/2005)