jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: &amp; in dynamic links
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 00:13:24 GMT
On 19/06/06, Bennett McElwee <Bennett.McElwee@telecom.co.nz> wrote:
> > Are you sure it's not valid?
>
> Quite sure. Any ampersand appearing in a text node or an attribute is
> interpreted as the beginning of an entity reference (e.g. &quot;).
> Therefore if you want an ampersand in text or in an attribute (such as
> an href), you must encode it as &amp; (or the equivalent Unicode code).

Thanks - still learning ...
I'd assumed that the quotes protected the &, but clearly not.

On the other hand, the snippet:
passes, so perhaps it's not always necessary to encode &.

Given that one might actually want to check the actual response, I
think a solution would be to add an option to the RE Post-Processor to
decode the response data before scanning.

Clearly the HTML parsing routines need to be checked to ensure that
any links etc are decoded before being used.

S.