jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Vikrant Sharma <xbootst...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How can we pass objects created in one beanshell sampler to another
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:51:08 GMT
Hi Vitalie,

Thanks for the reply.

When i try to store the object into a variable (in first beanshell) using vars.put("varname",
"value"); method, it does not complain about anything.
But when I get it (in second beanshell) using vars.get("varname") method and try to cast it,
it throws error.
Further  when i dont cast it and try to print it. it just prints the name of that object as
a normal String. SO I think when we set the object in the variable it is just set as a normal
String and not as an object instance.

For the second solution, yes i can serialize the object but as this is the performance script,
storing and loading object's state will incur some more cost.

Thanks & Regards
Vikrant

Vitalie Valache <Vitalie.Valache@bnm.org> wrote: just some ideas..
- maybe you can declare a global variable assign the object value to it and use it by casting
in the second beanshell, not sure if jmeter variable can store objects but why not!

or
- save object  to a file using serialization if your object is supporting and load it from
your second beanshell.

--
DISCLAIMER:
Any e-mail messages from the National Bank of Moldova are sent in good faith, but shall not