jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Gaël LHEZ <gl...@glowria.fr>
Subject RE: Proposal: JMeter 2.1.2 to drop support for Java 1.3
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 09:55:32 GMT
I really don't know why people are still using 1.4 ? (since I learned Java
with 1.5)

Generics are a great improvment, ...

Beside, you can compile for 1.4, and use 1.5?

(note that I make add on in 1.5, but I don't like to "cast" list/etc)

-----Message d'origine-----
De : sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Envoyé : lundi 5 juin 2006 11:51
À : JMeter Users List
Objet : Re: Proposal: JMeter 2.1.2 to drop support for Java 1.3

Unless that can be done without dropping 1.4 support, then no; it
would cut out a large section of the user population (possibly the
majority).

And it needs to be possible to and build the code in Eclipse while
still using the 1.4 libraries.

But of course you can always use 1.5 to build your own add-ons.

S.