jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Gaël LHEZ <gl...@glowria.fr>
Subject RE: Proposal: JMeter 2.1.2 to drop support for Java 1.3
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 07:49:54 GMT
Could you also use generics in Jmeter (java 1.5 feature) which would clarify
the Java code, and avoid some errors... ? (like for the collection of
variable, which I have to cast each time..., etc)

-----Message d'origine-----
De : sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Envoyé : lundi 5 juin 2006 01:42
À : JMeter Users List; JMeter Developers List
Objet : Proposal: JMeter 2.1.2 to drop support for Java 1.3

We had planned and announced that 2.1.2 would be the last release that
supported Java 1.3.

However it is proving tedious and time-consuming to fix JMeter so that it
compiles under Java 1.3.

We know from previous experience that it won't perform well under Java
1.3 - even if it can be built.

So I'd like to drop the support for Java 1.3.

If there are any major objections to this, please say so ASAP.

However supporting Java 1.3 is likely to delay the release considerably
(even more than it has been delayed already ...)

S///