jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Jennifer R. Lee" <J...@inspireworksinc.com>
Subject RE: Passing a file of http requests
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:34:45 GMT
Thanks Chinmoy - I tried this, but could not get it to work either. The parameters in the file
are really a list of URLs, so I wasn't quite sure what to put in the parameter name field
in this scenario.

I wish I could figure out how to get rid of the %20 jmeter appears to append to each line
of the file, if I could do that, then the file method as a variable would work.

I think I will go back and try the access log method instead, I am beginning to think a file
of URLs won't work.

Thanks

Jennifer Lee
InspireWorks Inc.
(919)468-2073 x104

________________________________

From: Chakraborty@labware.com [mailto:Chakraborty@labware.com]
Sent: Tue 6/27/2006 12:54 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Passing a file of http requests

Hi Jennifer,

You can try "Send a File With the Request" option for HTTP request. As you
mentioned, put all the content in a text file. Then browse the filename in
"Filename" textbox. Next enter your parameter name in the next fiels. Put
"text/plain" in MIME Type textbox.

Hope this helps.

Chinmoy

"Jennifer R. Lee" <JLee@inspireworksinc.com>
27-06-06 03:01
Please respond to
"JMeter Users List" <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>

<jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Passing a file of http requests

Hi All - I am trying to pass a file containing all the paths for my URLs
to a Jmeter test case. I setup a variable;

Name: URL
User_1:  ${_StringFromFile(tutorials2.dat)}

Then I created an HTTP request sample, with my server name and path as
${URL}. This works except for some reason a '%20' seems to be added to the
end of all the URLs.

For example, in the dat file I have;

/Tutorials/tutorial.xml
/Tutorials/sounds.xml

But what I see in the results tree is:

GET https://www.mysite.com/Tutorials/tutorial.xml%20 <
https://www.mysite.com/Tutorials/tutorial.xml%20>
GET http://www.mysite.com/Tutorials/sounds.xml%20 <
http://web.inspireworksinc.com/Tutorials/KM_Colors_tut/sounds.xml%20>

I am trying to figure out where the %20 is coming from, its not in the dat
file as far as I can tell? And the request is failing with the %20 on
there.

Maybe I cannot do this? It would be great if I could pass the URLs in a
text file(and not an access log which is not distinct to me) as I am
hitting a production server and I only want to simulate what I have done,
which is easily captured thru the Fiddler tool. I see I could use an http
proxy to perhaps capture the results, but since I already had everything
in a text file, I would prefer to go that route if possible.

I have not used Jmeter in awhile, so maybe I am missing how to do this
properly.

Thank You!

Jennifer Lee