jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Jennifer R. Lee" <J...@inspireworksinc.com>
Subject Passing a file of http requests
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 21:31:22 GMT
Hi All - I am trying to pass a file containing all the paths for my URLs to a Jmeter test case.
I setup a variable;

Name: URL
User_1:  ${_StringFromFile(tutorials2.dat)}

Then I created an HTTP request sample, with my server name and path as ${URL}. This works
except for some reason a '%20' seems to be added to the end of all the URLs.

For example, in the dat file I have;

/Tutorials/tutorial.xml
/Tutorials/sounds.xml

But what I see in the results tree is:

GET https://www.mysite.com/Tutorials/tutorial.xml%20 <https://www.mysite.com/Tutorials/tutorial.xml%20>

GET http://www.mysite.com/Tutorials/sounds.xml%20 <http://web.inspireworksinc.com/Tutorials/KM_Colors_tut/sounds.xml%20>

I am trying to figure out where the %20 is coming from, its not in the dat file as far as
I can tell? And the request is failing with the %20 on there.

Maybe I cannot do this? It would be great if I could pass the URLs in a text file(and not
an access log which is not distinct to me) as I am hitting a production server and I only
want to simulate what I have done, which is easily captured thru the Fiddler tool. I see I
could use an http proxy to perhaps capture the results, but since I already had everything
in a text file, I would prefer to go that route if possible.

I have not used Jmeter in awhile, so maybe I am missing how to do this properly.

Thank You!

Jennifer Lee