jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help sending request
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 17:44:45 GMT

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Cookie_Manager

> In order to add parameter I need to have "Name" and "Value".  The "name" is
> the name of the field, is this correct?

Yes, see:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Request

> In order to get the name of the field I should look at the source code of
> the web application, correct?

Yes, or use the proxy to record the login.

> What about the Value parameter, should I enter ${fieldname}

Yes

> In the CSV Data Set Config, the variable names I gave "number1", "number2",
> "number3", "password" which I found from the source code of this web
> application.  Am I doing it right?

The variable names you use in the CSV Data Set are arbitrary - they
just need to be unique, and hopefully meaningful to you.

However the Names of the parameters on the HTTP requests need to be
the ones expected by the application to which the request is being
sent.