jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jmeter tries to reuse busy ports?
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 16:35:07 GMT
On 09/05/06, Nikita Tovstoles <nikita@eviltwinstudios.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running JMeter and webapp being tested on the same machine. Could
> someone please let me know whether the following http request error
> message means that JMeter is trying to use a local (outbound) port that
> is already in use (and that this is NOT a reponse from Tomcat webapp
> being tested):

The error message comes from JMeter, not Tomcat.

In this case the error is generated by the default Java HTTP
implementation, which is part of the Java installation.

> If so, does that mean JMeter is reusing a port on a subsequent request
> without confirming that preceeding request's been completed? What can I
> do about this?

JMeter relies on Java to do the socket creation, so the error is in
the Java library.

You could try changing to the Apache HTTPClient HTTP Sampler.