jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up User Parameters
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 20:54:10 GMT
Try

Thread
 |__ Simple Controller
      |__ Counter
      |__ HTTP Request - Login
      |__ HTTP Request - View Account Info
      |__ HTTP Request - Logout

Set the Counter parameters as follows:
Start 1
Inc 1
Max 20 (or whatever)
Reference Name: NO
Track Counter Independently for each User should _not_ be enabled

Set the Login parameters as follows:

2. Name = userName, Value = Login${NO}
3. Name = password, Value = password${NO}

Or you can replace the Counter with a CSV Data Set, and set the
Variable Names to:

userName,password

in which case your existing login should work.

On 01/05/06, Brian Childs <bchilds@campuspartners.com> wrote:
> I'm relatively new to JMeter and could use some help setting up a series of logins. I
have read the User Manual (but there isn't an example supplied for this component) and combed
the user group posts (I didn't find the search feature helpful enough - maybe I searched to
broadly?). I have read the user list guidelines and hope I'm not breaking any rules unintentionally.

> Similar to Massimo Forno's post below, I'd like the have JMeter login a series of 2 user
names (for this example) but I don't know how to set it up. My Test Plan basically looks like:

> Thread
>   |__ Simple Controller
>        |__ HTTP Request - Login
>             |__ User Parameters - Login & Password
>        |__ HTTP Request - View Account Info
>        |__ HTTP Request - Logout
>
> For "HTTP Request - Login" I have 3 parameters:
> 1. Name = cmd, Value = Login
> 2. Name = userName, Value = ${userName}
> 3. Name = password, Value = ${password}
>
> For "User Parameters - Login & Password" I have 2 variables and 2 users:
> 1. Name = ${userName}, User_1 = Login1, User_2 = Login2
> 2. Name = ${password}, User_1 = password1, User_2 = password2
>
> This isn't working as my logins fail (note: my scripts work fine without using User Parameter/variables).
I haven't used variables before so this is a guess for me.

> I will eventually want to set up Login1 - Login20 and hope to use the User Counter with
a variable as advised to Massimo post.

> Thanks for any help!
> BC

application trying to insert a new person into the web application and setting some values
for it.

> > The problem arises in case I need to repeat that test, because I'd like JMeter repeat
the test using different person every iteration. Let me  give you an example:

> > I record the test inserting John Smith, then I'd like to iterate that insertion
for 100 times, using John01 Smith01, John02 Smith02,...,John100 Smith100 in an automatically
way.