jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Gaël LHEZ <gl...@glowria.fr>
Subject RE: Disabling a SSL protocol in jMeter ?
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 07:58:30 GMT
Well

The problem using such method is about how you create the socket.

I have to create a socket once per each https request (or the HTTP Sampler
config element allow me to do so? What I mean is: how many socket will I
create/have for the entire test? One per each thread ?).

I had the following Idea : make a Socket factory, which delegate to the
default socket factory the creation of socket, then I call
setEnabledProtocols to disable TLS1.0.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Envoyé : lundi 22 mai 2006 20:02
À : JMeter Users List
Objet : Re: Disabling a SSL protocol in jMeter ?

You might be able to do this in a BeanShell test element, as this allow you
to run arbitrary Java code.

------- snip -----------
import javax.net.ssl.SSLSocket;
import javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory;

String HTTPS_SERVER = ""; // Not sure what this is supposed to be

print("Setting SSLv3");

SSLSocket socket = (SSLSocket)
     SSLSocketFactory.getDefault().createSocket(
         HTTPS_SERVER.substring("https://".length()), 443);

socket.setEnabledProtocols(new String[] {"SSLv3"});

print("Finished setting SSLv3");

Put this in a BeanSHell sampler, in a separate Thread Group, and run the
sample once. Then run the rest of the test.

Or you could put the code in an initialisation file, in which case you just
need to ensure that the BeanShell element is called at least once before the
rest of the test.

The code could perhaps be added as an option for JMeter (e.g. via  a
property); feel free to create a Bugzilla enhancement request.

S.