jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Tapaswini Das" <tapaswini_...@persistent.co.in>
Subject RE: Getting "java.io.IOException: Stream closed at java.io.BufferedInputStream.ensureOpen(Unknown Source)
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 05:14:59 GMT
Hi Sebb,

  Thanks for solving the problem which I faced. But can you please let me
know where I can get the nightly version "2-1.20060514" installable so I can
install the build and check weather it fixed or not.

   Please let me know its urgent for our release.

Thanks in advanced
Tapaswini

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 5:11 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Getting "java.io.IOException: Stream closed at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.ensureOpen(Unknown Source)

> On 12/05/06, tapaswini_das@persistent.co.in
> <tapaswini_das@persistent.co.in> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Milla and Durgs for your information sharing.
> >
> > But we encountered this problem with even 30 users only.
> >
> > And as per our scenarios, 30 users are not considered as load over the
> > application as we need to cover much higher than that.
> >
> > Due to this we said that the load testing is getting affected and nearly
> > stopped.
>
> JMeter can hopefully be changed to stop the error in one thread from
> bringing down the whole test.  I think I have identified a bug whereby
> the streams are not being properly closed when an error occurs while
> reading a response in the default HTTP Sampler.
>
> However, there's not a lot JMeter can do to stop the error from
> occurring in the first place - ultimately, that is caused by the
> server under test.
>
> All you can do at present is to try with Http Client instead, and see
> if that helps.
> [The bug I mentioned is for the default sampler only].
>
> ==
>
> I have tried testing with a JSP that waits for a configurable length
> of time, but could not reproduce the error even when the wait was 6
> minutes. So if there is a server I could use to test against, please
> let me know (privately if necessary).
>
> ==
>
> I do want to try and fix what can be fixed, but it's going to take some
time:
> - SVN is down currently

Now fixed.

> - there is no test case, so I'm having to guess what might help

Still true.

> - other commitments

I've applied a fix to the code, which is in the nightly version
2-1.20060514.

Hopefully this will stop the reported error from stopping all the
threads, but I have no means of testing this, so I don't know if the
fix will work or not.

Please try the new release and report if it solves the problem or not.

DISCLAIMER
Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain,
copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd.
does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.