jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Harinath Mallepally" <Harinat...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Recording problem
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 12:50:21 GMT

You need to use parameterization for you're the request parameters.

Possible solutions are:

Use "User Parameters"
Use "CSV files" (Thread group ->add->config element ->CSV data set) give the CSV
file name (comma separated values) and the field names in the csv file.

Example: Filename -  input_data.csv
Variable Names  - fieldname1,fieldname2,fieldname3

Now go to your http request which needs parameterization.

Give the value as ${fieldname1}

Suppose if you run your request only once, then it takes the first row of the csv file and
the first value of that row will be replaced for the ${fieldname1}

Did u get some input now?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kimmo Eloluoto [mailto:kimmo.eloluoto@luukku.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:18 PM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Recording problem

Hi,

I'm a new user of JMeter. I'm testing Java based application and trying to use JMeter to clarify
the response times.

But now I have a little problem. I'm recording (with proxy) a case where user retrieves information
from the database.

Request parameters are sent (and recorded) ok, but if I change query parameters a little bit,
and executing query process again, JMeter change latter request parameters also to the already
recorded sampler?

So how I can 'freeze' recorded samplers so that latter recorded sampler do not affect the
first ones?

Thanks for any help!

I'm sorry for my English...

KE

Luukku Plus paketilla pääset eroon tila- ja turvallisuusongelmista.
Hanki Luukku Plus ja helpotat elämääsi. http://www.mtv3.fi/luukku

e-mail system.