jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Kimmo Eloluoto <kimmo.elolu...@luukku.com>
Subject Re: Recording problem
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 18:32:42 GMT
I'm testing java based application and in a one case I have to simulate a case where user retrieves
information from the 'customer database'. I use JMeter's proxy to record correct request parameters
to the sampler(s).

When I make the second query (with the browser) with the different parameters as in first
query, JMeter replaces existing sampler parameters to the latter query's parameters.

sebb kirjoitti 24.05.2006 kello 20:47:
> On 24/05/06, Kimmo Eloluoto <kimmo.eloluoto@luukku.com> wrote:
> > I know how to parameterization requests - that's not the actual problem..
> >
> > I'm recording my browser actions with JMeter - in one case I retrieve
> user information from the database. That query is recorded ok (correct
> parameters can be found from the sampler), but if I change query
>  criterion
> (on the browser side), JMeter changes first request parameters to
>  similar
> as in the second request, why?
>
> JMeter does not change existing Sampler parameters.
>
> Please explain exactly what you are doing
>
> > -KE-
> >
> > Harinath Mallepally kirjoitti 24.05.2006 kello 15:50:
> > >
> > > You need to use parameterization for you're the request parameters.
> > >
> > > Possible solutions are:
> > >
> > > Use "User Parameters"
> > > Use "CSV files" (Thread group ->add->config element ->CSV data set)
give