jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Undefining variable values and ForEach
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:03:49 GMT
On 22/03/06, Ben Damm <bdamm@dammfine.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I have a script that reads a line of text once per loop and consumes it
> using CSV Data Set Config, then uses "__split" to split one of those fields.
> There is a ForEach controller that is executing once per value over the inner
> field.
>
> The number of variables changes correctly (X_n is updated) and the ForEach
> controller responds correctly when the number of variables increases.  When
> the number of variables decreases, the ForEach controller appears to ignore
> the newly reduced value of X_n and continues to use the stale contents of the
> variables X_1, X_2, X_3, etc, when it should be stopping at X_1.

ForEach does not use the count X_n; it stops at the first missing variable.

> Any idea how to unset variables or fix the behaviour of ForEach?

We should probably fix the behaviour of __split() so that it ensures
that at least the first stale variable is deleted...

In the meantime, the only way to do this is to use BeanShell - this
was dicussed recently. Search the archives for details.