jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Abdul Azeem Khan <nu1...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Oracle DB Connection
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:24:18 GMT
Hello,
  thanx for ur help.
  i did exactly as u told..i have copied the jar files.also wrote
  Driver class: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

  but i cannot understand how to write

  Database url: jdbc:oracle:thin:@<server>[:<port>]:<database_name>

  i know my db name but how am i suppose to know the server/port part.
  can u explain with an example

  plzz help me here because i need to know this urgent as deadline of my project is fast approaching.

Jukka Uusisalo <jukka.uusisalo@modultek.com> wrote:

> [...]

Hi,

Put oracle jdbc driver jar-file to your jmeter lib/ext directory.
If you haven't driver jar-file, look oracle server jdbc/lib directory.
If you do not know which jar-file you need, read jdbc/Readme.txt file.

After you have driver jar lib/ext directory, (re)start jmeter and
create jdbc connection configuration element under thread group.
Setup your connection as
Database url: jdbc:oracle:thin:@[:
]:
Driver class: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
User name:
password:

and under same thread group create your JDBC request sampler.

That way it goes with Oracle 9.2 and jmeter 2.1.1 at least my
own box.

- Jukka -