jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Fred" <fred...@yahoo.com.sg>
Subject RE: Too many TCP connections?
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 03:11:39 GMT
Thanks for your quick response, once again..

- In a CGI configuration you're able to "exceed" 30 threads.
- In a DSO (module) configuration it breaks at ~ 30 threads.

Fred: This is correct, if I using a CGI module to load on, the Jmeter's test
plan can even generate up to 50 threads.

What's you web server?  Apache, IIS, Tomcat, other?

Fred: It's an Apache built-in in CentOS.

It could be that you're web server is limiting the number of threads it
will create.  I know Apache has a couple of configuration settings that
define what and how many threads it will allow...

Fred: If the web server is limiting the thread, shouldn't it limit the
threads creation, when I'm loading the CGI module?

My guess is whatever port that the 30th thread is trying
to use is already in use.

Fred: Apart from the web server limiting the thread, if there is a
possibility that the JMeter cannot cope with the fast return response within
the thread group for concurrent access that it breaks? May be I will try to
add more delay in between request.

Regards,
Fred