jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Kalamegam, Poongundran \(Poongs\), ALABS" <poo...@att.com>
Subject Require a mechanism to create random values across threads
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2006 01:53:48 GMT
Hi,
  I am new to JMETER. I have been assigned the job of simulating JDBC
requests to Oracle 10g.
  I have different kinds of JDBC requests based on a app group. We have
4 apps.
  I created 4 different thread groups. I have created JDBC requests
under each of these
  thread groups. These write into a specific table which has unique
constraints enabled.
  Now, i need to send a unique sessionid as part of the insert requests
in JDBC Request Sampler.
  I tried to use session_id = ${__threadNum()}-${__Random(100000,99999,
myR)}.

  I run around 30 threads for each of these thread groups.

  I am getting unique contraint errors for most of the requests as this
session_id is same across the threads.
  Need your help in creating a session_id that would be unique across
the threads and can be used forever.

Thanks,
With Best Regards,
Poongs.
AT&T Labs Voice Applications,
214-452-1883 (Home)

"Get a good idea, and stay with it. Dog it, and work at it until it's
done, and done right." - Walt Disney (1901-1966), American entrepreneur,
movie producer and showman

This electronic message transmission, including any attachments, may
contain information from AT&T that is proprietary and/or confidential.
All Intellectual Property in this transmission, including any
attachments is the sole property of AT&T. The information is intended to
be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error,
please immediately notify the sender and destroy all material in its
entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.