jmeter-user mailing list archives

From John.Tul...@sungard.com
Subject Re: jmeter.properties not working for listener file output
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 23:30:33 GMT
Okay, further results.
I tried setting the jmeter.properties file in c:\temp and then specifying
the starting path like:
"jmeter.bat -p c:\temp\jmeter.properties" to see if that would help.
It does not. The issue appears to be listener specific.

For example, the table listener (18.3.8 View Results in Table) can be
configured to write out the results in xml format, or not.
If not, it uses csv format (using comma as separator). But it ignores any
specification in jmeter.properties such as:
jmeter.save.saveservice.default_delimiter=|

But in no case will it write out the timestamp in date/time format as
specified by SimpleDateFormat. So telling it:
jmeter.save.saveservice.timestamp_format="MM/dd/yy HH:mm:ss"
with or without the quotes -- changes nothing. It always uses milliseconds
since 1970.

Now the Aggregate Report (18.3.7) will use the pipe separator and will do
column headings. But it also will only do timestamp based on milliseconds
since 1970. And apparently it is hardcoded to use the pipe, because if I
specify:
jmeter.save.saveservice.default_delimiter=,
it ignores that and uses the pipe symbol (|) anyway.

I also note that in csv mode (instead of xml mode) neither will output
latency even if I have set:
jmeter.save.saveservice.latency=true
but both will output latency in xml mode.

Finally, I am using the most recent "nightly build" downloaded as of this
morning (01/03/06).

Therefore I must conclude that the Listeners do not in fact pay much
attention to the values set in jmeter.properties when it comes to
formatting the output file.

sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
01/01/2006 01:30 PM
Please respond to "JMeter Users List"