jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Herndon" <bhern...@kodakgallery.com>
Subject Jmeter 2.1.1 Processing of Set-Cookie Headers?
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:10:35 GMT
All,

I could not find a reference in the Bugzilla to any issues dealing with JMeter's processing
of set-cookie headers (v2.1.1) that dealt with the following:

Looks to me liike when a set-cookie header containing no path attribute is received, the entire
requested URL, including the page itself, is used for the lookup key.  So that, on the next
request, no cookie headers are added unless the page is the exact same page as in previous
request.  Really bolluxes-up my test plans that use redirects during logon.

I know that the Netscape cookie specification is not clear on this topic, but most browsers
seem to interpret the lack of a path attribute as "use the root path" (i.e., "/").  I've patched
this in my own version of 2.1.1.  For the developers in the group the problem seems to be
at lines 327 through 333 of class org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.CookieManager.java.

Anybody know about this?  Patched already, maybe (he said hopefully)?

Thanks,

Bill

William Herndon                           Kodak Imaging Network
bherndon@kodakgallery.com                       510.229.1114