jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Anurodh Jain <anuro...@aztec.soft.net>
Subject RE: Regarding the Sequential reading of CSV Files
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:34:02 GMT

Thankx Sebb,
 That's right. I wanted the threads to read the file independently
of other threads. That would ensure that each thread reads each of the
lines. As you mentioned, creating one file per thread is one of the
solutions.
Ya, probably this could be one of the enhancements to the current
Implementation.

Thanks & Regards
Anurodh

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 4:55 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Regarding the Sequential reading of CSV Files

On 15/12/05, Anurodh Jain <anurodhj@aztec.soft.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>  Does anybody know how can we ensure that multiple threads reads through
> each of the
> lines in a CSV file. Say, for example, my csv file has 10 rows and I have
> assigned 5 threads
> to run. Here, I want that all the 5 threads read each of the 10 lines
> simultaneously.

What do you mean by that?

Do you mean that you want the threads to read the file independently
of other threads, so each threads gets the same lines?

If so, this is not possible with the current implementation.

Perhaps file a Bugzilla enhancement request.

Or you could try creating one file per thread, e.g. file1.csv,
file2.csv etc., and use the function ${__threadNum()} in the file
name.

See http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/functions.html#__threadNum

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, contains confidential information
and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed
and is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify
the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your
system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other
person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and
do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail
damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email