jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Brudermann Roger <roger.bruderm...@winterthur.ch>
Subject Value replacing in streams
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 08:16:04 GMT
Dear JMeter Community

We have the need to do performance testing with with huge SOAP and JMS
messages (e.g. 50MB). Instead of pasting these messages in a text box of an
appropriate sampler, we had the idea to write an own sampler which reads the
messages as data streams directly from the file system. So far so good.

The problem is that we need to use pre processor variables (counters) to
customize the messages. We noticed that counter value replacing does not
take place and we think this is due to the fact that the messages are not
stored in a sampler property. Does somebody have an idea how we could
implement some "on the fly value replacing" while reading the message stream
from the file system (e.g. line by line)?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Regards,
Roger Brudermann